Canada is one of the developed nations in the world that is known for its work culture and numerous numbers of immigrants residing in the country. The country provides basic rights to its working class and nearly nine unions cover more than 100,000 workers in the country. The rights of the people working in Canada are looked by the unions. According to reports, 70% of the working class in public sector and 15% in the private sector are registered with the unions. In the recent times, the Canadian court has further passed many laws and provided rights to the people working in the Canada.
Key Points Related to Rights of Working People
Many people are working in Canada in varied companies and most of them are living there from a long time. In this situation, it becomes necessary to protect the basic rights of the people and provide them quick justice, in case they have suffered any problems at the hands of the employer. Moreover, the Canadian court has already passed the law related to the right to strike that is protected by the constitution, and it is a fundamental right.
The working class of Canada follows the Charter of Rights and Freedom that deemed necessary to be changed, and the government was asked to put the limits on some of their policies. The people were fighting for some of their rights from a very long period, and they have gained success in recent times. Even the Canadian government is now liable to provide equal rights to the working class that belongs to another country.It is a well-known fact that Canadian authorities are one of the most loyal in the world. This includes also their policies for the gambling industry. At the present time, you can disport yourself popping in casino online gaming guide – NBSO, at any time you want (si vous parlez français, vous trouverez ici des commentaires sur les jeux de casino en ligne populaire).
Here are few do’s and don’ts for the employers that help in securing the rights of the employees. The employers of the company should follow these necessary rules.
- The employees are provided safe and hygienic environment.
- The payment must be given on right time.
- Employer should respect the conditions written in the contract.
- The leave days and the break time in between work is the basic right of an employee.
On the other hand, the employers cannot force their employees for most of the things as this may land them in grave trouble. Therefore, the dont’s for the employers are:
- Employer cannot make their employees work if they are injured or sick.
- He or she cannot ask the person to perform the duties for which they are not hired during the work contract.
- The employer is not permitted to take back any hiring fees from the working person.
- Employer is not eligible to take away the work permit or the passport of an employee if the person is an immigrant.
- If the employee is national of some other country, then the employer cannot take away his or her immigrant status or deport them from Canada to their native country.
Lastly, the Canadian government and court have ruled out many atrocities that were being done on the employees that led to the creation of many strong laws against the employers. The long fight from the labor unions helped in preserving the rights of the working class.